Saturday, March 11, 2006

Saturday, March 11th 2006 12:06am

Well ... today was pretty good. A little long but good. I got to hang out with friends and just be my self. My husband is a little mad at me because I did not go to Curves today, but oh well. I am going tomorrow to make up for it. (Well it is tomorrow, I should be in bed.) I was looking in my fish tank last night I have more baby fish ... Yaaaaa! I think! This is the second batch of baby fish. Mollies reproduce way to fast, so I don't know if that is a good thing. I am thinking about getting some Angel fish 6-8 maybe, I don't think that is to many since I have a 125 gallon tank.

So far in this tank I have:
1 beta
3 Plecostomus (Window lickers)
6 catfish
1 male silver mollie
7 female silver mollies
1 female golden-orange mollie

1st batch of babies: are about 4-6 weeks old I only have 3 from this batch 2 are all black (still trying to figure out that one) the 3rd one is dalmation mollie (black and white, more understandable but I have no black adult mollies).

2nd batch of babies are about 2-4 weeks old most are light colored but still to small to tell what the permanet color is going to be. So far my count is 10.

So I guess I have 32 fish as long as I don't find any more babies or they have any more.

My adult silver female mollies are getting bigger too. They where all about an inch when I transferred them from the 29 gallon tank to my 125 gallon tank. The male silver mollie and the female golden-orange are the only 2 new additions to the 125 gallon tank, and the male has gotten bigger too. The golden-orange mollie still as small as when I got her (and she is the one having babies). I think it is funny this tank is suppose to be my husbands but I seem to be the one to be taking care of it, well feeding the fish any ways. I still have not figured out how to take the filters apart, but they sure do keep the tank clean. They are nice too they cycle 300 gallons an hour and I have 2 on the tank. The water still looks clean too. The tank has been up for 2 months now.

I sold one of my 29 gallon tanks to my neighbor. They have had the tank up about 2 weeks less then we have. They are doing pretty good but the water has a green tint to it, but with out testing it I could not say. (I think to much algae.) She also has mollies, jeeze kind of popular hu? Hers also had babies she has some pretty ones too she also has sharks and mickeys too.

I am thinking about getting my other 29 gallon tank out and do it in red, white, and blue. Yes I am patriotic! I might wait, at least until the summer when my girls come back from my in-laws. I would like to let them help me with it, they also love fish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home